Trek to the Base Camp of Mt. Annapurna (8091m), the 10th highest mountain in the world! This route really does have it all: geographic diversity, rich cultural experiences, and of course some truly breath-taking mountain vistas. You will pass through lush rhododendron forest and picturesque farming villages, before coming face-to-face with the awesome Mt Annapurna. Some of the many highlights include a morning ascent of Poon Hill to watch sunrise, and relaxing weary muscles in the Jhinu Danda hot springs on your return. You will stay each night in local teahouses, where friendly hosts are happy to chat and give you an insight into village life in this remote region. The Annapurna Base Camp trek is a great option for those wishing to experience all that trekking in the Himalayas has to offer.
Trip Duration 9 days
Best SeasonSeptember – November, March - May
Maximum Altitude4,100 m
Departure from/Return toPokhara
Minimum Group Size2 people
Price$899 per person*
* The price is based on a group of two people and is valid as of February 2018. This may be subject to fluctuations in exchange rates and supply costs.
Please email email@example.com for all booking inquiries
Day 1: Drive from Pokhara to Ulleri
Day 2: Trek to Ghorepani
Day 3: Morning ascent of Poon Hill, trek to Tadapani
Day 4: Trek to Chhomrong
Day 5: Trek to Dobhan
Day 6: Trek to Annapurna Base Camp
Day 7: Trek to Bamboo
Day 8: Trek to Jhinu Danda hot springs
Day 9: Trek to Kimche and return journey to Pokhara
It is possible to extend this trek to include an ascent of Tent Peak (5,663m) and/or Singu Chuli (6,501m). It is also possible to arrange transfers to and from Kathmandu. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
• All meals during trek (breakfast, lunch and dinner), evening meal in Ulleri, and breakfast on final day. All served in local teahouses.
• Lunch in roadside restaurants during journeys to and from Pokhara
• Boiled and filtered drinking water throughout
• All accommodation during trek (local teahouses)
• Accommodation in Ulleri (local teahouse)
• Ground transportation from Pokhara to Ulleri, and from Kimche back to Pokhara by tourist bus or jeep
• An experienced, English-speaking and government-licensed trek leader and assistant trek leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide)
• Porters (carrying a maximum of 12kg baggage per trekker)
• All staff costs (including salary, insurance, equipment, food and accommodation)
• Rental of down sleeping bag
• All paperwork and trekking permits (including ACAP and TIMS)
• All government and local taxes
• Medical kit (carried by guide)
• International airfares
• Personal insurance
• Personal trekking equipment (rental can be arranged)
• Tips for guides
• Alcoholic and soft drinks
• Personal expenses (please note, some teahouses charge extra for access to wifi, use of a power socket to charge electrical devices, use of a heater, and hot showers. These costs are not included in the package price)
• Meals and accommodation in Pokhara
Physical condition / prior experience
You need to be in reasonable physical condition to join this trip. You will be required to walk up to 5-6 hours per day whilst carrying a small day pack.
"After two treks with a guide from Pokhara Mountain Tiger, I can highly recommend the services of Neema and his agency. My guide/porter was extremely trustworthy and friendly... They were quick and competent to answer my messages. Neema organised my trekking permits and the flight from Pokhara to Jomsom as well. Everything was perfect and very friendly."
“This was my first trekking experience and also my first time in Nepal. I cannot speak highly enough of the excellent care and support I recieved from my guide... Nepal is a wonderful country: come and see for yourself!”
In 2007, I trekked the full Annapurna Circuit. Neema was my guide, porter, translator, cultural interpreter, and friend. Trekking with Neema was a delight. Neema’s knowledge of the trails was invaluable. I highly recommend him to take care of youl. He is friendly, funny, and super experienced. Have a great trek!